Splicecom is a british based telecoms company who deliver high quality and offer competitive solutions to voice requirements. I worked as an integral part of their web team and offer design insights and development expertise.
During my time with Splicecom, we were finalists for multiple awards and won one after nearly 15 years.
After my redesign of Splicecom's front-facing site, I was tasked with refactoring the existing website and implementing my designs.
I developed a bespoke hero slideshow and produced engaging assets for each of the main angles that Splicecom was wanting to push for. I quickly and efficiently refactored the site, redeveloping much of the site, removing legacy code and making the existing code that already worked more efficient. To implement the designs I had produced, I completely redeveloped Splicecom's CSS and developed a style-guide for future developers to be able to add into the site.
One of the biggest issues when joining Splicecom was a lack of any sufficient developer environment for their web services. Especially considering the complex nature of many of their tools. During my time at Splicecom I worked to produce a developer environment for Splicecom's web services.
This included a dev environment for the vast majority of Splicecom's web systems as well as style guide, asset suite and documentation site to future proof Splicecom's tools for future developers.
One of my first tasks working at Splicecom was to produce an incredibly complex bespoke tool for use by Splicecom and it's resellers.
The tool was created to allow it's users to calculate the costs to them and their customer, creating quotes that could then be easily pushed through to orders in system with a suite of management tools. All with minimal effort for the reseller.
The site was split into two halves, with a full order process for the user and a CMS, custom product pricing and custom offer set up for administrators. I developed a tool that allowed administrators to create complex and custom pricing and deals for products, tracked price changes and allowed any changes to be easily added to a public changelog and a system to submit and process the orders.
Another bespoke tool created for Splicecom, this webapp allowed users to easily view, manage and get access to their servers that were hosted with Splicecom.
The main challenge with this project was to bring in information from different sources and parse it in a way that was easy for users to parse and manage.
Another improvement I suggested and implemented was a full issue report and management system.
Re-Imagining Splicecom's landing page and refreshing the company web-branding.
To start with we wanted to update their existing landing page whilst the full site redesign was worked on. This we called v1.5 as we just wanted to get the main page looking clean and appealing to all our new users.
As I spent time working with Splicecom the number of responsibilities I took on increased very quickly. Starting out when I joined the business I only operated as a developer, but by the end of my first year my role extended to design and producing art assets for their web services in addition to my responsibilities as a developer.
During this time I redefined their design language and produced a whole suite of digital art assets and cartoons for them to use across their websites and marketing.