This was a project I had as part of my university course to produce an animated typography to a speech or peice of audio. I was fortunate enough to have some experience using after effects ahead of time and was moderately profficient with it. That's why I chose this poem by watsky. It's very fast paced and I thought would be a fun and challenging project to work on.
Here I sketched out some ideas of screens that I imagined whilst listening to the song. These are two examples of my initial storyboards for how the product would turn out.
Some of the ideas behind how I would convert the lyrics into visuals can already be seen at this early a stage. For example, the skinny text being drawn using a thinner type of font.
You can see that many of the ideas I initially scribbled down made their way towards at least influencing my decisions with the final product. I changed a couple things around when actually producing them and I think this helped me as I changed most of the ideas when I was introduced to the wider amount of possibilities allowed to me by after effects during production.